I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cuomo: I Love Kids More Than You Janitors Do!

Hey, Son of Mario - real nice:
I learned my most important lesson in my first year as Governor in the area of public education. I learned that everyone in public education has his or her own lobbyist. 
Superintendents have lobbyists.  
Principals have lobbyists.  
Teachers have lobbyists.  
School boards have lobbyists.  
Maintenance personnel have lobbyists.  
Bus drivers have lobbyists.  
The only group without a lobbyist? The students.  
Well, I learned my lesson. This year, I will take a second job — consider me the lobbyist for the students. I will wage a campaign to put students first, and to remind us that the purpose of public education is to help children grow, not to grow the public education bureaucracy.
Well, praise and glory that we have finally have someone to stand up to these greedy teachers and principals and school board members and bus drivers who are bankrupting the Empire State! (ignore those well-heeled folks behind the curtain...)

Because everyone knows that politicians who were born into privilege, thanks to their famous fathers, and have spent their entire adult lives chasing the brass ring of power are far more trustworthy when it comes to putting the needs of kids first than those bastards who sweep up school hallways!

I wondered earlier which way the Son of Mario would turn. Now we know: Governor Goofus it is. Chris Christie, meet your Democratic soulmate.


Can I just say again how much it sucks to be a Democrat these days? Because I'd vote for this jerk in second over just about anyone the other side cared to put forward.

It's a real problem.

No comments: