I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Apples Don't Grow On Trees!

As Jon Stewart explains, that's about the level of our national dialog on education funding:


Very funny, but this segment is far less so:




The tools on Fox trashing teachers pisses me off to no end. What did these parasites ever do for this country? Opine on the idiot box? Spout off about things of which they have NO FREAKING CLUE while misinforming the public? Foment ire against teachers, whose greatest crime seems to be wanting to take their kids to the doctor without running up their credit cards?

The casual bull from these pieces of waste is a pox on our entire society. I dare any of them to step into my shoes for even one day, let alone an entire career. Their disdain for the precious lives that I and my colleagues serve is an affront to decent people throughout the country.

I dare them to hold the hand of child who is trembling because mom forgot to pack a lunch again and they're so hungry. I dare them to help a 7th Grader deal with the loss of her best friend since kindergarten to the "popular" girls. I dare them to look in the eye of a high school junior who doesn't want to go home because dad started drinking again.

Your contempt for the men and women who are literally saving the future of this great country disgusts me. Go back into the holes you crawled out of and leave us alone with our modest salaries and modest pensions. You haven't earned the right to criticize us. You are useless. Go away.

I'm serious. Go away.

1 comment:

czarejs said...

Amen to that......but seriously tell us how you really feel. : )