I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Self-Delusion As an Art Form

How else to describe the heights - or depths - of our governor's massive lies?
The Governor’s remarks touched on the early successes of his administration in bringing real, bipartisan solutions to the critical challenges faced by the state, including closing an $11 billion budget deficit without tax increases...
So, when my property taxes got jacked up even after my school and town made massive cuts to programs - that wasn't a tax increase?

And when no one gets a property tax rebate - that's not a tax increase?

And when the state once again took a pension holiday - that was closing a deficit?

I never thought I'd see a politician in my lifetime who could challenge George W Bush's disregard for the truth and regard for his own delusions of greatness. But Christie is showing himself to be the same caliber. He is BS artist of rare talent: his work should be behind a glass case at the Louvre.

My hero...

No comments: