I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Future of NJ

Via Atrios, the future of NJ can be found right now in CA:
"We have a fiscal crisis," Schwarzenegger spokesman Aaron McLear said this morning as he explained the new furlough order. "We're doing what we have to do to conserve cash." 
Like the policy that ended June 30, the governor's new executive order requires employees take three unpaid days off per month. But unlike that policy, it has no termination date: Furloughs will end when lawmakers pass a 2010-11 budget. That could be weeks or months after the Legislature reconvenes on Monday.
Ahnuld came in with the same fake "no-nonsense-I-always-say-what-I-think-the-people-sent-me-to-make-hard-choices" swagger that Christie revels in. Unfortunately, attitude is not an adequate substitute for competence or the hard work of policy.

But Paul Mulshine tells me we need our own form of Prop 13 here, because it's working so well in CA.

No comments: