I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pot, Meet Kettle

Protests against Christie's policies during school: BAD!
"The schools did a lousy job in really permitting all these students to walk out in the middle of the school day. Their parents send them there not to protest. They send them there to learn. And I have no problem with students protesting. They have absolutely every right to exercise their first amendment rights. But they should exercise their first amendment rights either before school or right after school."
Photo-ops that take up students' class-time so Christie can preen for the cameras: GOOD! GOOD! GOOD!  GOOD!

Hypocrisy, thy name is Christie.

UPDATE: I love this:
The Republican governor questioned why students were blaming the state instead of asking teachers about refusals to take wage freezes and other give-backs he said would have saved jobs.... "But the fact of the matter is that those teachers and their union have not stepped up to join the shared sacrifice. ... Their unwillingness to do that makes me wonder why the students are protesting only against what the governor is doing, and not against what their teachers are doing. I have a suspicion that since I don't give them grades and the teachers do, that might have something to do with it."
Now he's pitting students against teachers. "You know, you're only giving me a D because I refused to go out and protest!"

Can we stop pretending once and for all that he loves teachers and is only going after the union?

No comments: